10/7/11

LATER CARPETS

To get rid of the bad smells in the house, we knew the carpets were the first things to go. None of the carpets were worth saving but we were both hoping the floors underneath were in good shape.
Success! The floors in this room were perfect and no glue was used


No problem

Gross
To me, this was the scariest room in the house. It smelled and was dark and dirty (but the colour was most offensive). I had little hope for floors underneath the industrial carpet.
Surprise! Nice walnutty looking floors.

Pretty good! A little water damage and only 1 million staples to remove.

The stairs: I figured it would be plywood underneath but I figured better than this carpet.

Solid wood painted brown. I'm into it, I think we can save these with some paint and a new railing.

Oh, and the wood panelling was easy to remove. Except there was a hole to the other house under that one on the left. We'll just leave it on for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment